Saturday, October 17, 2009

Deck the Halls (with Paper Lanterns?): Photos of Our Halloween Decorations

Halloween decorating is just about complete here, and I am relieved (and proud). For those of you who've followed along with me over the past couple weeks, I thought I would take a moment to post a few pictures that I snapped this morning of my handiwork.

You might recognize a few of the elements from my copious decorating posts. The silhouettes found their way back to the curtains and the table cloth in the dining room, and crepe and tissue paper streamers adorn the library. I also posted an image of the paper chandelier (finished) you can see me working on in the Picture of the Week this week.

Due to a severe weather forecast, we had to cancel last night's Legends by Candelight Tours. The weathermen predicted snow and rain--yikes! Since half our tour is outdoors, we had to take comfort and safety into account for both our visitors and our volunteers.




However you can still see the ghosts next week the 23rd and 24th and the 30th and 31st are as well. I have a full schedule of ghosts, including Chancellor Livingston , Nancy Shippen Livingston, and General Montgomery--all of whom are new this year. I hope I'll see some of you there since I am already gearing up my own Janet Livingston Montgomery impression.

Yes, I am willing to put my money where my mouth is a suit up as a ghost for two nights--though I won't tell you which ones.

Remember, this tour is good for lots of age groups; it's informative enough inquisitive adults, but with enough action for kids from about 7 years old and up. This makes it great for family outings or just a night out with friends. Just remember to reserve your tickets soon. Some of the tours are already full. ($10 for adults, $5 for children 12 and under. Friends of Clermont are just $3)

If you don't think you'r ready for a ghost tour, or even if you just can't make it on a Friday or Saturday night, try coming by for a daytime tour Tues-Sun, 11am to 4pm. You will still get to see the a truly unusual spectacle for a museum.











No comments:

Post a Comment